Welcome to the City of Brimbank, the Capital of Melbourne’s West
As the economic hub of Melbourne’s West, Brimbank promotes dynamic, competitive and innovative businesses; accessibility and connectivity; economic and social participation and wellbeing; vibrant places and high quality investments and developments.
A location for your business
Strategically located at the centre of Melbourne’s West, Brimbank is part of Australia’s fastest growing region - offering a premier location for business investment and growth.
Located 12km from the Melbourne CBD (at its closest point) and with easy access to major arterial road networks, commuter and freight rail, Melbourne Airport, Essendon Airport and the Port of Melbourne, Brimbank provides quality employment, investment, lifestyle and education opportunities.
Council’s Economic Development Unit is here to assist with your investment and business growth needs. Our experienced officers can provide a range of information to help you achieve successful outcomes for your business.
From an initial one-on-one meeting to understand your business to providing a single point-of-contact throughout the development approval process, our free and dedicated service includes:
- Planning application and facilitation services – We can provide guidance and facilitation through the planning application process for large-scale commercial investments.
- Research and information – We can assist you in sourcing information to assist your business decisions.
- Site identification and selection – We can work with our network of real estate professionals so they can help you find the best site.
- Access to business networks – We can connect you with relevant business networks to establish and build new industry connections and business development opportunities.
- Introductions and connections to supply chain – We can help you to make connections within local supply chains to generate new business opportunities.
- Introductions to relevant State and Federal Government departments – We can facilitate introductions with relevant government departments about business development programs, grants and/or funding opportunities.